Friday, August 10, 2012

Mission Peak

Yesterday my friends and I went to hike Mission Peak in Fremont. Most of the group, including myself, were first timers! Mission peak is a local hiking trail that's famous in our area because of how difficult the trek is. The round trip is 6.25mi with an elevation change of 2100ft.

This was the view near the bottom, and our destination point was at the very top where those grey rocks are located.

We barely past the first marker point and most of us were already complaining LOL. The only one who wasn't complaining was my little boy, Bubble, who's a really active Jack Russel/Rat Terrier mix.


I think this was the view from the first marker o.o 


The higher we got, the more beautiful the scenery became. It's amazing looking at the view because the whole Bay Area was visible. 


We had a few run ins with some cattle, who didn't really care we were there. 




Bubble decided the cattle were too close to us and started growling and getting angry lol. Little guys an idiot xD


At one of the markers, I was reminded of the Korean Movie, "A Moment to Remember." The tree just gave me the same vibe I felt in the movie. Too bad the group I was with was just a bunch of my closest homeboys and one of their little sisters lol. FOREVER ALONE.



As we got higher, the slower everyone became. I decided to go at my own speed and started power walking up the rest of the way with Bubble. He was panting, but his tail was wagging crazily. I wasn't sure if he was exhausted, or just enjoying himself. Once we got to the rocky area, he was jumping from rock to rock, showing me what the Jack Russel part of his blood was bred for; working in the field. 

About 10 minutes later Bubble and I were the first in our group to make it to the top. Everyone else came in about 3 minutes later. At the top I was just looking at the people there, there was quite a few cute asian girls xD I let Bubble off his leash and let him roam around. As soon as everyone got back up, I finally realized that the view was spectacular! That difficult journey up made it twice as amazing. 




We reached the top around sunset, so the lighting made me feel all warm and gooey inside x.x





Then everyone started taking pictures, and I took my picture just being myself ;x


The sun started going down, so we decided to make our way back down. Not even 3/4 of the way down, we got stuck in darkness x.x


I was having a lot of difficulty seeing, as I didn't bring my glasses with me. I was only able to see about 10ft in front of me. I was mainly relying on Bubble to lead me LOL. 

The darkness was actually beneficial to us because we couldn't see where our destination was. It made it seem faster to get down the hill because all of us were just looking down, looking for the solid parts of the trail so we wouldn't slip, fall, and die lol. We didn't even realize that we were at the end until we saw the parking lot. 

This was actually a very good experience. It inspired me to work harder because the feeling of achievement felt some what unreal. I know we're not the fitness group out there, as our cardio isn't up to par, but we're making our way to a better lifestyle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment